Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Favorite Room in my Home!

My Favorite Room in my Home (I read off another blog and found out everyone was doing their favorite room... and I wanted to participate too, so fun!!).... My daughter's room, Khadija's!! I love her room from the day I did it and still to today 3 1/2 years later! It started like this with the crib... it just screams sunshine and dreamland! I still can not let the clouds and everything go... but when I do change it will only be alittle bit I got this planned out... we will take down the border in the middle and put up a Zebra border and some zebra balances and get black and white comforter, anyways, you get the point the clouds will stay and we will add zebra to the theme!! She has 2 windows and this is one wall, the little fences are the best and I love the flowers on the wall...


Here is her baby bedding and the other window by the closet... we added DREAM and a pic of her at 12 days old, all the kids have 12 day old pics on their wall in their rooms! You can see below the DREAM and her pic above her big girl bed... which is now gone too because we got silver bunk beds now that she is a big sister to Arielle. But this is the day she turned 2 below!


Here is the door way... we added yellow flower hooks for coat or robe! I guess I missed a pic of the closet but we have her name Khadija above the closet door painted in the same yellow as the flower hooks and the DREAM and picture frame.


Here is the dresser that started a brown color and all old and beat up look to it... I finished it off and painted it and now i have this... and I love the little drawers in the middle and also that you can close up the little drawers with the roll-top (desk, type thing that comes down)

Here is the handles that I actually cleaned off the green and white stuff all over them and got them shiny like new... I am so proud of myself with how this room turned out... I LOVE IT!

Below is what I started with....









So that is my favorite room in my homes... I still just feel lighted up and a boost of sunshine each and everytime I walk in the room!! And She sleeps so well in her room too!!!



Taylor Luv,

Andrea

2 comments:

Angie Seaman said...

What an adorable room Andrea. I love it. Your blog looks fantastic. For a "newbie" you've got it goin' on! Ha ha! :) I was clueless when I first started blogging. For music on your page, go to playlist.com and get you a playlist made to set up on your blog. It's wayyyyy easy! Keep in touch girlfriend!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com

Kelly said...

Soooo cute! She is precious!